Updated 8 June, 8.00pm
The Club is now partially reopen. New rules and guidelines are in place for everyone’s safety.
Open To Both Members & Non-Members
Following an initial period, the Club is now open to both members and non-members. All membership types are now able to make bookings.
Players under the age of 10 will need to be supervised by an adult, who is to be with them on court.
Players from different households are now able to play singles and doubles, whilst still maintaining social distancing.
Only those playing may enter the Club, there can be no spectators within the Club’s grounds. The only exceptions to this are: a) when an player under the age of 18 is receiving a tennis lesson, in which case one parent or guardian is permitted to spectate; b) when a player is under the age of 10 and is not playing an adult, in which case a non-playing adult must be on court to supervise (the adult supervisor must not participate unless they are a member).
One-to-one private coaching sessions with Sean and his team are permitted for members (all ages). You will not be permitted to touch the tennis balls supplied for coaching with your hands; if you wish to practice your serve, please bring your own marked balls. For more information, please email Sean.
The Clubhouse will not be open at this time. There will therefore be no access to toilet facilities.
There are currently no Club Nights or league fixtures.
Rules & Guidelines
Please do not come to the Tennis Club if you, or a member of your household, have any symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please visit the Government’s NHS Test And Trace website.
The following must be adhered to for the benefit and safety of everyone.
General/before coming to the Club:
- The Club will be open to members and non-members.
- All court use must be pre-booked.
- All courts are available but where possible people are requested to leave a court between them and any other booking (e.g. if court one is booked, please book court 3 rather than court 2) to make social distancing easier.
- Please stagger booking times so as not to start at the same time as another booking.
- Max of four people per court – social distancing must be observed.
- Junior members under the age of 10 who are not playing against an adult must be supervised by an non-playing adult who is on court with them.
- Group coaching sessions are only available to people from the same household (6 maximum including the coach).
- The Clubhouse is closed – coaches may enter but only to access equipment.
At the Club:
- Players are responsible for their own hygiene (hand cleaning etc) – it is recommended that you bring hand sanitiser, a towel etc.
- Where possible, please avoid direct contact with the entrance keypad (for instance use a pen/pencil) and gates/handles.
- Only players to be on court. No spectators allowed within the Club – with the exceptions of when a person under the age of 18 is having a lesson, in which case one parent/guardian can also attend but must not go onto the court or when the person playing is under 10 in which case an adult must be supervising on court.
- Bags etc to be taken on court – nothing to be left around the Clubhouse or other areas.
- Maintain social distancing (min 2 metres) with anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Tennis balls to be supplied by the players. If you need new tennis balls, please email the Club as we have them available for £5 per tube of 4.
- Only go onto the court you have booked. If you need to retrieve a ball from another court, please be aware of social distancing.