Coronavirus Information & Guidelines
Updated 27 March 2021, 11.00am
Pocklington Tennis Club will re-open on 29 March 2021.
The Club will open to members and non-members on March 29th.
Guidance has been supplied by the LTA. Please click on the graphic on this page to display it fully.
Players under the age of 10 will need to be supervised by an adult, who is to be with them on court.
Players from different households are now able to play singles and doubles, whilst still maintaining social distancing.
There should be no socialising at the Club before or after your tennis session.
Only those playing may enter the Club, there can be no spectators within the Club’s grounds. The only exceptions to this are: a) when a player under the age of 18 is receiving a tennis lesson, in which case one parent or guardian is permitted to spectate; b) when a player is under the age of 10 and is not playing an adult, in which case a non-playing adult must be on court to supervise (the adult supervisor must not participate unless they are a member).
One-to-one private coaching sessions and group coaching session with Sean and his team are permitted for members (all ages). For more information, please email Sean.
The Clubhouse will not be open at this time. There will therefore be no access to toilet facilities.
Club Nights are currently only open to members. All those attending must sign in, using their own pen, and observe social distancing and hygiene rules.
Rules & Guidelines
Please do not come to the Tennis Club if you, or a member of your household, have any symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please visit the Government’s NHS Test And Trace website.
The following must be adhered to for the benefit and safety of everyone.
General/before coming to the Club:
- The Club will be open to members and non-members
- All court use must be pre-booked
- All courts are available but where possible people are requested to leave a court between them and any other booking (e.g. if court one is booked, please book court 3 rather than court 2) to make social distancing easier
- Please stagger booking times so as not to start at the same time as another booking
- Max of four people per court – social distancing must be observed
- Junior members under the age of 10 who are not playing against an adult must be supervised by an non-playing adult who is on court with them
- Group coaching sessions have restricted availability
- The Clubhouse is closed – coaches may enter but only to access equipment
At the Club:
- Players are responsible for their own hygiene (hand cleaning etc) – it is recommended that you bring hand sanitiser, a towel etc.
- Where possible, please avoid direct contact with the entrance keypad (for instance use a pen/pencil) and gates/handles.
- Only players to be on court. No spectators allowed within the Club – with the exceptions of when a person under the age of 18 is having a lesson, in which case one parent/guardian can also attend but must not go onto the court or when the person playing is under 10 in which case an adult must be supervising on court.
- Bags etc to be taken on court – nothing to be left around the Clubhouse or other areas.
- Maintain social distancing (min 2 metres) with anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Tennis balls to be supplied by the players. If you need new tennis balls, please email the Club as we have them available for £5 per tube of 4.
- Only go onto the court you have booked. If you need to retrieve a ball from another court, please be aware of social distancing.
The above rules and guidelines will be continually reviewed and may be subject to change.